- Date: Sunday, August 21, 2016
- Time: Noon-4:00pm
- Location: Home of Bob Smith and Lynn Findlay, 2700 NW 424th Street, Woodland, WA 98674
- Barbequed Salmon
- Barbequed Sausage
- Cost: $30 members; $35 Guests ($3 additional charge without a reservation.)
- Wine Glasses
- Any other utensils you might need to enjoy a great meal.
- Sweater or Light Coat (it can get chilly by the river)
- Nametags: Be sure to get a name tag when you register at the picnic. Having a name tag shows you are entitled to eat and drink from our wonderful offerings.
- Reservations: Reserve by Tuesday, August 16 to get the reservation discount. Please reserve as early as you can. This will help us complete the purchase of the food.
Call Ray Maddix at (360)944-2051 or E-Mail Maddix @ comcast . net
We will be tasting wines from our inventory, accumulated over the past couple of years.
It is time once again for the annual CWES Picnic. This year we will again be meeting at the lovely home of Bob Smith and Lynn Findlay. Located on the scenic Lewis River just outside Woodland, WA it is approximately 25 minutes from downtown Vancouver. Those that were at the picnic in past years will remember what a delightful place it is and what a wonderful time was had by all. Directions can be found in the July Newsletter and below.
CWES will have signs at each of the turns after you exit off I-5, so watch for them and be ready to turn. Since the location is down along the river, you may want to bring a sweater or light coat seeing as it tends to be a few degrees cooler along the water.
This year's menu will consist of barbequed salmon and barbequed sausage along with an assortment of salads, chips, cheeses, desserts, and of course, wine. We will be tasting wines from our inventory, accumulated over the past couple of years. It should be a great time so bring all your friends and family (age 21 and over).
You will want to bring your own chairs and tables, wine glasses, silverware, plates and any other utensils you might need to enjoy a great meal.
Costs for this year's event will be $30 for members and $35 for guests if reservations are made before August 16, 2016 (to be paid at the door) and $33 and $38 for reservation made after August 16.
To make your reservation contact Ray and Patricia Maddix: Maddix @ comcast . net, (360)944-2051. Please RSVP early; it will help in purchasing enough food for the event. Hope to see you there for a wonderful day of wine, food, and fun!
Make sure to get a nametag when you register at the picnic so you can partake in the food and wine..
"Doors" open at 12:00 noon on Sunday, August 21, 2015. Hope to see you there for a wonderful day of wine, food and fun.
Dues Reminder for Members:
Annual dues can be paid at the picnic or the September program; dues are $18.00/year.
Directions to the picnic:
- Take I-5 north to exit #21(Woodland/Cougar) at the end of the exit ramp turn right.
- Take the first street (sharp right turn) at E. CC Street.
- Continue on and across the Lewis River.
- eer left at the fork and continue on Hayes Rd.
- Go 2.5 miles. (Look for white vinyl fence on the left),
- Turn left on NW 27th,
- Go 3/10 miles (to the end of the street)